Statement of Principles:
Ink Daze believes in the power of custom goods to bring groups and communities together, and we want to help our customers create products with designs that are meaningful and unifying. Our customers have diverse viewpoints and perspectives, which are reflected in the designs they create, and we believe that we all must be tolerant of those with different views.
In rare cases, however, a design proposed by a customer may be offensive or threatening to others who see the design. In such cases, we use the following guidelines to balance our customers’ design goals with the standards and expectations of the Ink Daze community and the public. When a design does not meet our Content Guidelines, we will make every effort to work with the customer to try to create an alternate design that complies with the guidelines below.
Ink Daze's Content Guidelines provide guidance for customers in designing custom products. Our Content Guidelines use a sliding scale from “no” to “go” to account for the range of potential designs, so we can work with customers to create a design that meets these standards. The descriptions under each category are not meant to be exhaustive, and the ultimate decision on whether to approve a design, or not, will always rest with Ink Daze's Content Guidelines team. Ink Daze regularly reviews these policies and updates them as appropriate based on feedback from our customers and team members.
NO – Ink Daze will not print designs that:
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others (see intellectual property policy below)
- Encourage violence or hate against individuals or groups
- Attack, harass, or defame others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual identity
- Include hate speech or symbols (including but not limited to swastikas, iron crosses, etc.)
- Promote, feature, or encourage the use of hard drugs (i.e. other than marijuana)
- Feature explicit sex acts or frontal nudity of a non-artistic or health/medical nature.
- Include sexually suggestive images or text involving children (including nudity).
- Promote, feature, or encourage drug use by minors.
SLOW – Ink Daze may not print or may require changes to designs that:
- Feature implicit sex acts, non-frontal nudity, or other nudity of an artistic or health/medical nature
- Have an overtly sexually connotation or tone, including strong sexual innuendo
- Involve violent terms or images that are not directed at an individual or group, such as historical images of violence
- Promote, feature or encourage illegal activities (other than those mentioned above)
- Might cause public outrage or inspire violence due to a recent event
- Include other content that would be offensive to the Ink Daze community
GO – Ink Daze will print designs that:
- Use language and images appropriate for adults and children of all ages
- Create a sense of community and are not likely to offend individuals or groups
- Support intellectual property rights by using authorized images and content, including those owned or legally authorized to be used by the customer
Intellectual Property Rights of InkDaze.com and Third Parties
InkDaze.com is committed to the appropriate and legal use of the intellectual property of others, and we require our users to behave similarly. Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs and written and other materials that appear on the InkDaze.com Site (collectively the "Contents") are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by InkDaze.com.
InkDaze.com is the owner of the INKDAZE trademark; other trademarks made available through this Site, including logos, slogans, color schemes and design trademarks, are licensed for use by InkDaze.com from Institutions and other third parties (the "Licensed Marks"). By using the InkDaze.com Site, you agree to limit your use of Licensed Marks to uses that are directly related to such third parties and to comply with any restrictions or conditions imposed on the use and access of the Licensed Marks by the third parties. InkDaze.com will notify you of such terms if your usage is in violation of such terms.
Generally, products created using images available on the site should not be resold commercially. In the event that you wish to resell such products, you agree to contact InkDaze.com and verify the legality of reselling such products prior to doing so. Designs created using the text tools and images available through the site are in no way the exclusive property of the customers who assemble such designs. InkDaze.com retains the right to display such designs or offer them (or variations of such designs) to other customers.
Additionally, InkDaze.com has the sole discretion to reject any order that it considers libelous, defamatory, obscene, profane (according to standards established by the FCC), portraying irresponsible use of alcohol or other substances, advocating persecution based on gender, age, race, religion, disability or national origin, containing explicit sexual content or is otherwise inappropriate for InkDaze.com production.
You agree to not use InkDaze.com's Service to create any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.